From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 10:12:49 -0700

Thank you all for all your input.  Here is the summary for gastro's in
Memphis.  There weren't many in Memphis, but a few in Atlanta and on the
East coast.  I thought these may help those of you looking for a gastro
in those areas.

1)  Get him in this study:

The following section is from:

Tania Gerarduzzi, Ph.D. at (410) 706-3734,
Her email: [log in to unmask]
Mailing address for testing facility:
UMAB, Building BRB, Room 10-049
655 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201

**There was more info on this.  Let me know if you're interested and
I'll forward

2) There is a wonderful gastro doctor in Memphis named Dr. Cattau.  He
is the one who diagnosed me three years ago after I had seen 3 other
gastro men who didn't have a clue.  He was President Reagans doctor at
Bethesda.  I think he only takes new patients if referred by another
doctor but you could give it a try.  I do not believe a chest xray is
indicative of celiac.  Dr. Cattau literally saved my life and I think
the world of him.  I hope you can get an appointment (there are others in
his group so maybe if you can't see Dr.  Cattau one of the other might
take you) Please tell them that Nancy Latsha referred you to him .  Good
luck.

Nancy

3)  I know this is a bit farther than you wanted to go, but I have had
the opportunity to speak with this lady and If I could  afford it I
would be on my way to see her. She was chosen as one of the top doctors
in the US by Celiac patients. ~Beth

Cynthia Rudert, M.D.
2500 Hospital Boulevard
Suite 210
Roswell, Georgia 30076
770-475-0903
Medical school: University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
Internship/Residency: Internal medicine, Emory University, Atlanta,
   Georgia
Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Emory University
Certifications: Internal medicine, gastroenterology, Fellow of the
   American College of Physicians
Current positions: Medical Director, Gluten Sensitive Support Group of
   Atlanta; Medical Advisor, Gluten Intolerance Group of North America;
   Medical Advisor, Celiac Disease Foundation; Founding Member, Celiac
   Standardization Group
Areas of interest: Celiac disease

4)   I'm sorry about your cousin.  I have a gastroenterologist here in
Oxford who is good.  His name is Todd Threadgill. He has 2 partners who
I've not seen.  Their phone number is 662 234-9888.  I was his first
celiac, but he's seen lots since me and was very open to learning about
it when he needed to.  Hope your father can get into a good doc while
he's still willing.

Anne

5)  We have 2 gasto docs on the coast.  That would be an 8 hour drive
for him, but if all else fails, an option.  Dr John McKee's office
number is 228-875-3385.  Dr Hans Adams office number is 228-864-4417.
Both of these docs were kisted in Sully's Living Without magazine. I
have seen both, and both are good.  Best of luck to you and your family.

6)   We no longer live there but Dr. Mansbach 901/767-3612 was my GI.
He is with UT and pretty good,  he specializes in celiac.

7)  I don't know any doctors in TN but I know an excellent one in
Atlanta if your dad wants to make the trip.  Her name is Dr. Cynthia
Rudert (770)475-0903.  She is one of the top docs in celiac.

Tammy Tyre