From:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:26:58 -0800

From Sandy Metius        NEW e-mail address:   [log in to unmask]

Here is a summary of the information I received regarding my request for moisturizers for lips and skin:

Chapstick Lip Balm is gluten free

Lubriderm moisturizing lotion is also gluten free

My favorite lip balm isn't really a lip balm at all.  It's Bag Balm,

designed to be rubbed on the utters of cows!  But it's so popular as an all-purpose lip & skin balm for humans that it's sold in any pharmacy, not just veterinary supply stores.  Can usually find it at Walmart.

It comes in a square green little tin.  Just a dab goes a long way so one tin will last for years & years.  It's GF.  It's great for any chaffed or chapped area such as lips, hands, elbows, feet, crotch, etc.

I used to work in a nursing home that bought it by the case & kept the elderly bedridden patients' skin in splendid condition by applying it daily to vulnerable areas.

I use Oil of Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream and the Age Defying Eye Gel.  The Age Defying cream is gf, but I do not think that the other Oil of Olay lines are.

Burt's Bees lip balm and Blistex products are GF. There was a past posting with a list of the gf chapstick products (a majority) but I don't have the list.

There is a cream and lotion and also a soap made by Cetaphil that is safe and I use it.  The soap comes in both liquid and in a bar.  The lotion comes either lotion or a cream.  It is wonderful.

Some people don't like it, but we use A&D ointment for cracked lips and it works well.  Alternatively if you don't want to smell, we poke a vitamin E capsule

(we use yasoo.com's rice oil vitamin E) and put that on.

Contact Burt's Bees at 1-800-849-7112, on line catalog at www.burtsbees.com and inquire about their Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. Most of their cosmetics and product line is made from beeswax. You can generally find their products at health foods stores. I love their stuff but especially the lip balm.

But I do know Neutrogena works good and is Gluten-free

But I do know Neutrogena works good and is Gluten-free

All of the following are GF:

ChapStick Lip Balm Cherry
ChapStick Lip Balm Medicated SqueezeTube
ChapStick Lip Balm Medicated Stick
ChapStick Lip Balm Mint
ChapStick Lip Balm Regular
ChapStick Lip Balm Strawberry
ChapStick Lip Balm Sunblock 15
ChapStick Lip Moisturizer SPF-15, Stick
ChapStick Lip Moisturizer SPF-15, Tube
ChapStick Lip Moisturizer Vanilla Mint SPF-15
ChapStick Lip Moisturizer Vanilla Raspberry SPF-15
ChapStick Lip Moisturizer, Squeeze Tube
ChapStick Petroleum Jelly Plus
ChapStick Petroleum Jelly Plus Cherry
ChapStick SlimStick Lip Moisturizer SPF-15
ChapStick Sun Zone Ultra 30 Summer Berry