Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:05:51 -0700

Dear List,
I was in my daughter's first grade computer class last week.  The computer
teacher showed the children a website.   www.breaking-bread.com.  I dropped
Father Dominic a email about doing a show on gluten free bread.  This is the
response I received.  Also I dropped another email to them suggesting a show
in October because it Celiac Sprue Awareness Month.

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for your interest in Breaking Bread With Father Dominic.
Father Dominic will be discussing gluten-free recipes in one the early
episodes in the new season, which will be available to public television
stations this fall. Naturally, the discussion will not be able to be as in
depth as Father Dominic would like it to be--it's only a half-hour program,
after all!

However, he is interested in drawing attention to the fact that not everyone
can use wheat flour products. Currently, Father Dominic does not have any
wheat or gluten-free recipes; I believe that he's in the process of testing
at least one to prepare on next season's show.

Father Dominic sends his thanks for the reference to the Web site--he's
finding it very useful.

Thank you for taking the time to write, and happy baking!

Sincerely,

Beth Parada
KETC/St. Louis
for Breaking Bread With Father Dominic