From:
Kimberly Lantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimberly Lantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:09:10 -0500

Hi List,

My family and I went to the Outback in Lakeland FL this evening. After
reading all the posts about their gluten free menu. I was really excited
when walking in, and being under the impression that they would have a
gluten free menu and a knowledgeable staff. WRONG!

When I requested the Gluten Free Menu the waitress had no idea what I was
talking about. I asked her go find out from the manager if they had one,
and if they did not, what they had on the menu that was GF. After about 10
minutes she came back to the table and asked what gluten was. Is it sugar?
I politely told her no, and explained what it was. She went back again, to
gather more information.  I knew I was in trouble at this point. Upon her
return to the table, about ten minutes later, she told be that all of the
seasoning they used had flour in it. She went on to advise me the butter
did too. She told me the salad dressing did not. I found this odd and
questioned her about the salad dressing. I was very disappointed. I ended
up having shrimp on the Barbie with no seasoning, or butter and Salad
without any dressing. At this point I wasn’t going to trust anything I was
being told. It was not exactly what I was wanting from this experience. I
thought gees, I am paying $13.00 + tip for this!  I would not recommend the
Outback in Lakeland. They are clueless,it's not worth the risk. This was an
impromptu thing, so I didn't think of printing a GF menu for them.

Be careful out there!