From:
Debbie Fusco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 23:06:37 -0400

I'm new to this list and very excited to have a place to share info re:
Celiac Disease.  My 6 year old was diagnosed with CD 2.5 years ago after
being very ill. He had wasted away to the point he would no longer walk or
eat before we finally found a Doctor who knew what she was talking about.
Today he is a healthy happy vibrant child.

My concern is for our 12 month old baby.  To this point, we have kept her
GF because I believe growth at this early point in life is so critical.
Her doctor is now recommending we start introducing gluten and perform
the blood tests to screen her for CD in about 3 months.  I would like to
hear from other parents about how you've handled new babies in a family
known to have CD.  Also, the pediatrician is leading me to believe that
if the tests come back negative, that means the baby will never have CD.
I thought it could be dorminant for years and appear at anytime.

Will the blood tests tell me anything if it is in the dorminant stage?

Deborah Fusco