From:
Sue Jeno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:39:52 -0700

List members,

I recently found a new soy cereal by New Paradigm Foods called Rasin Almond
Soy Cereal.  The contents appeared gluten free, but based on the recent
discussion on this list about dates and oat flour, I contacted the company
for verification. Their response:

Thank you for your interest in New Paradigm Foods cereals.

Are New Paradigm Foods cereals gluten free?

All the ingredients used in New Paradigm Foods cereals are gluten free.
However, the cereal is manufactured on equipment that is shared with other
products that ARE NOT gluten free and through researching this issue with
the production facility we have learned that one of the ingredients used
(DATES), is dusted with a fine coating of oat flower in order to keep them
from clumping. In consideration of these facts we cannot state that our
cereal is "purely gluten free", however we are working toward the goal of
making our cereal "purely gluten free" and we will keep your e-mail on file
and contact you when this becomes a reality.

Thanks again for your e-mail.

Sincerely,

Kevin Brackmann
New Paradigm Foods

I will notify the list if the cereal becomes a gluten free product.  I have
no interest in this company, just wishing for a good gluten free granola
type cereal!  The web address for New Paradigm Foods is:  www.npfoods.com
if you are interested.

Sue Jeno
Grand Forks, ND