From:
Bronwyn Syiek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bronwyn Syiek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:25:21 -0800
All:

I have searched the archives but I can't find any good summary of how long it takes to recover from a fairly big gluten mistake.  I found a hallween candy list that listed one of my favorite candy's as gluten free.  I ate it consistently for ten days.  Then I stopped and felt a bit better.  Saw GI and he said I was fine - not sign of inflammation.  Then I found another packet and ate again and had brutal stomach pains (that and fatigue being the main symptoms) the next day.  The symptoms I had were stomach pains and tiredness - I had nevery really had stomach pains before.  I checked the manufacturers website and you can imagine my horror to find it most certainly includes gluten.

Of course I stopped immediately ( I am a very strict observer of the diet).  I started to feel better but then got a sinus bug that is going around and that lead to a bacterial sinus infection.  One whole month of hell and lots of allergy/ autoimmune symptoms.

My question is this --- has anyone had an episode like this?  If so, how long did it take to feel better again.  I thought I was on the mend but now a few days later have swollen ankles bad stomach (and always gas when stomach is agony again).  I am tired out.

This could be another virus.  But my doc thinks this is an auto-immune response.  So...question is, has anyone had anything like this and, if so, how long did it take to feel normal again?

thanks as always.