From:
John Baeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 09:21:39 +0200

First of all: I have to appologize for the nasty sign.  that appeared in the
list yesterday.  It really is of no use in this group, but as a default
Eudora puts it underneath my mails: I forgot to put it off: sorry again.

As for the biopsy: I certainly will ask my GI on friday what the benefits
are of my procedure compared to an oral biopsy (that is if they are any
benefits...)

I received some questions from people visiting Europe, who wanted addresses
where they can buy GF-products.
certainly:  the UK is the best place to visit, as it seems that GF-products
are more common there than on the continent.

Here in Belgium I would advice you to go to a bio-food shop.  Things are
slightly more expensive, but you should be able to find GF-cookies, bread,
spaghetti and the like.   In the Netherlands these shops are even more
widely available. However, my experiences with GF-foods are somewhat
restricted, as I'm not on a GF-diet yet, my biopsy is only for friday...

Problem however in Europe is that visitors from the US will go through many
different countries with different products....
I know that in Belgium there exists a little booklet with all GF-products
you can get in our food-stores.
And for the bio-shops: you can buy a book with all European adresses.

If I will be diagnosed  CD positive, I'll compose a list with tips for CD
'patients' visiting Europe, it might take me some weeks to do the research
(week-ends and evenings...), but I'll let you know when ready...

John