Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:04:13 -0500

An intimate question, summary

Fellow Celiac's,

I've never seen this  particular question addressed before, I hope that
others will post their  thought on the matter.

How does a celiac handle the intimate moments with  a non-celiac person?.
i.e. kissing after a meal etc, or after the other  person may have had a
sandwich, or other gluten item ?

It kinda destroys the moment if you need to stop  them to ask what they
have just eaten. How do others handle  this?

It has been my experience to use an oral rinse or at the very least
brushing
of teeth.

What say you?

Stephen
Indianapolis,  IN

Note: This is a rather long  post – for a reason that you will see. I trust
the
computer gods to do what they do best and somehow  divide up the real
estate into more palatable bite-size pieces, as  they so choose. Thank you.

THIS IS WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY TO MY QUESTION

Thanks for asking this; I'm wondering the same  thing!
I'm back new to the dating world, but have noticed that my children  get
sick a lot after dates.

In the thirty years that I have been GF it has never bothered me. My
husband just came in with a piece of toast in his hand and kissed me.
The last biopsy I had showed no damage as have all but one of those
I have had since being diagnosed

I'm the Celiac & my husband isn't so I have  this issue, too. Normally I
have
him either brush his teeth or at least rinse his  mouth well & chew a piece
of
gum. I really get worried but aside from teeth  brushing I don't think much

else is as effective. I wish he was GF alltogether  but I know that's not
going
to happen.

It'll be interesting to see  what others say.

This is a very good question and I hope you get  good answers. After 30
years
on a gluten free diet, I can now look back and see  that I was constantly
'glutened'.
It really comes down to the consideration and care  the other person has
for the
celiac. I would compare it to a relationship  between one with a
nut/fish/peanut
allergy to one who did not and ate those items.
best wishes

My husband brushes his teeth many times a day.  After being sick from
kissing
him while out at a bar one night I dont take  chances. It's something that
the
nonceliac must commit to and stay on top of. We  just don't kiss at all
if/when
we go out. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks

We were just discussing this at dinner last night. Being new to the celiac
community, we
have no real knowledge of what is medically necessary or appropriate. I am
hoping you
will summarize the responses to the listserve members. I have not yet seen
this subject
addressed and would be interested in what more experienced celiacs have
learned.
Thank you very much!

Our Celiac daughter is only 9, but I have often thought about this
situation when she
Is MUCH older. Can't wait to hear what people are saying.

Thanks for being brave enough to post the question!

I never even thought about it till this moment so  I guess it doesn't
bother me!!

I would say nothing less that 'preparing?" for  the moment and make sure to
brush
teeth floss well and wash the mouth out with mouth  wash. Sorry, seems
rediculous,
but you want to stay safe.

Hi,

Can you please summarize this after you receive  replies.

Thanks so much

I'll offer my two cents
This was addressed in  an online article last year. You shouldn't have
problems as
you're not likely to swallow enough residual  gluten in his/her mouth. You
can
always buy them a couple drinks first to dilute  what's there. ;-)

The article also addressed issues on having  sex! Look around online. If
you can't
locate it, I'll see if I still have a link to  it.