Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:27:10 -0400

Hi all!

I have had SO MANY replies but I think I need to re-phrase my post.

I am not so concerned about my tummy troubles being related to accidental gluten.
I realize my tummy troubles could be related to other things from milk to soy to stress to viruses.  My first reaction is to always examine my diet cause by golly if I can avoid a stomach ache I'm sure gonna try!!

I am frustrated as to how one could possibly identify and track  gluten reactions if they could be so delayed??

Below is my original post!

Thanks, Lauren

I have been having serious tummy trouble for the past week with tons of =
diarrhea.

Everyday I examine my gf diet and cannot figure out what I could have =
eaten that contained gluten.  Everyday I come up with the same =
conclusion:  NOTHING.

This morning I was checking the home page of this mail list and came =
across something very interesting.  I found it under symptoms of celiac.

"Reactions to ingestion of gluten can be immediate, or delayed for weeks =
or even months."

So I have been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out what =
I ate in the past few hours or even days?????

Could I have eaten something a month ago that is causing me so much =
troubles?  If that is the case how is one supposed to track or identify =
where they possibly could have ingested gluten?

Could people be identifying the wrong food as being responsible for =
their gluten reactions?
I've read posts from hundreds of people who would say such things as =
they ate a particular food in the past with no problem and now all of a =
sudden they got miserably ill from eating it just an hour later.  Now =
they will never eat the food again.    Our diet is so limiting to begin =
with and I know when I hear so many people talking about having a =
reaction to a particular product  stay away from it myself but maybe =
never needed to?

Please can someone explain this to me!