From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:17:42 -0800

Come to sunny San Diego on May 17th and join our 2nd International Walk/Run for Celiac Disease.

There will be free screening for celiac disease, courtesy of Prometheus and The Binding Site.  Hugh health fair/expo, featuring vendors (gluten-free foods), book signings, live music and more.

The cost is $20 for the 5K (late fee after 5/1/03 - $25, event day $28) and $12 for the 1K (late fee after 5/1/03 - $14, event day $16)

Age 60+:  $2.00 discount

Family members of 4 or more:  $2.00 discount per entry

Groups of 8 or more:  Must submit together:  $2.00 discount per entry

The proceeds for this walk will benefit the Center for Celiac Research and R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids)

If you are interested, go to the following web-site:

www.celiackids.com

Then click on the hi-lighted portion on the right-hand side of the page that reads:

"2nd International Walk (Run) for Celiac Disease (PDF)

This will pull up the registration page that you can then print, fill out and mail in with your registration fee.  You can have people sponsor you.  I have a pledge sheet available upon request.  They can give a lump sum donation in your name, with checks made payable to:  R.O.C.K.  There will also be a "Prizes for Pledges" contest as Danna wrote about earlier.  R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) is offering a prize to the child who raises the most money in his or her name for the Celiac Disease Walk/Run in San Diego (benefiting Center for Celiac Research)

There will be a limit of 360 people for the blood-screening.  This is a great opportunity for those who've been diagnosed and want a close relative to be tested.  Getting a correct diagnosis can sometimes be very difficult.  Prometheus Labs is very familiar with Celiac Disease and will perform an accurate test.

We hope you can make it.  If you have any questions, please contact me at my e-mail address:

Thank you,

Sidona Ryan
San Diego