Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:00:17 EST

Hello Everyone,

The Port Townsend, WA Gluten Intolerance Group will have a meeting on
Saturday, March 25, 1 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church, 1120 Walker Street in Port
Townsend. Gayle Torgerson, of Alternative Grains, Inc. (www.alternativegrains.com)
will be our guest. Gayle and her husband David have begun a wholesale,
gluten-free bakery in Coupeville. Gayle is a Celiac herself, and the facility is
completely gluten-free. Their products are Artisan Rustica Bread, crumpet-styled
English Muffins, Applesauce raisin Muffins, and Chocolate Ginger Cookies. They
are marketing their products in Seattle at Pilgrim's Natureway, in Kent at
Nature's Market, and on Whidbey Island at Payless Foods and Pilgrim's Natureway.
She will be talking to the Port Townsend Food Co-op to see if they will carry
their products, which are merchandised in the freezer. Gayle will have samples
for us to taste, and we've also been given some sample mixes from Bob's Red
Mill and the Food Co-op for some additional tastes.

We will take time during the meeting to answer questions, and share new
gluten-free information. Bring information about anything you've discovered. We
keep getting new names to add to our list.

We'll also talk about the "Moving Feet Without Wheat" Walk at Green Lake in
Seattle on Saturday, May 20 to raise money and awareness of celiac disease and
gluten intolerance.

Also, remember that the Bremerton Gluten Intolerance Group will meet Friday,
March 17, at Harrison Hospital in East Bremerton at 7:30 p.m. with a Round
Robin discussion of living on a gluten-free diet. They will also have a pizza
party Friday, April 20 at Foley's Pizza at 6:00 p.m.

Hope to see you on March 25.

Adele Fosser
360-385-2282