From:
"N. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 11:44:36 -0500

Celiacs looking for an exotic tropical resort where they can eat safely
and abundantly may want to consider Heron Island Resort near Gladstone,
Australia. The resort is justly famous for its diving, snorkeling, and bird
and turtle watching. During four days there a few weeks ago, I found the
Manager, Susan Noonan, chef Simon, and the dining room staff to be
gracious and effective in adjusting the resort's menu to my strictly GF,
no grain vinegar,soy, or canola, diet.  I sent a letter describing my
dietary restrictions several weeks before arriving and was assured that there
would be no problem. There wasn't.  The chef identified the items from
the regular menu or buffet table that would be safe for me to eat and
prepared other items specially for me. Information about the resort,
which is owned by P & O Resort Holidays, is available from U.S. travel
agents.
Nancy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>