From:
Harlene Caroline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:43:41 -0400

I have heard from more tabbouli fans with some great ideas so here are
some other variations.

I know that you already did your summary, but I thought I'd let you know
I have used pearled Jowar from Jowar foods and my recipe turned out
Great! (note: Jowar foods does have a website)

Maybe try some Amaranth as well as quinoa.

And a strong positive comment on using kasha(buckwheat)

Wolff's Kasha has some GREAT Tabouli recipes on-line and they are
super.  I loved real Tabouli and now can honestly say that my Kasha
Tabouli is just as good. They have a cookbook and are on-line.
Good luck...p.s.  I like it w/kasha much better than quinoa.

Also, I noticed in the recipe I sent in my summary there was an
ommission.  The first ingredient should read 2 or 3 CUPS of gf grain,
cooked.  The word cups was left out.  Suggested grains are brown rice,
quinoa, pine nuts, Authentic Foods Falafel Mix, kasha (buckwheat)
pearled Jowar or amaranth.

I usually serve it on a bed of lettuce because I like the combination of
textures.

thanks to all who responded.  I hope this helps the others who were
interested.

Harlene