From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:35:37 -0800

Thank you to everybody who responded with recipes. They are as follows:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup potato flakes
1 cup salsa
1 egg

mix well and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour
--------------

I took a
bit over 2 lbs fresh ground beef, well-seasoned with salt, pepper,
onion powder, garlic powder and parsley, and added one beaten egg and
one egg white, plus *"Southern Homestyle" brand GF corn flake crumbs
which I purchased at my nearby Gluten Free Market. Then I added in
Minute rice and mixed the whole thing together to a firm consistency
and shaped it into a short, wide loaf.

Pour tomato sauce or Saz's GF barbecue sauce and bake for about an hour
or a bit longer if you like it dry. Then I uncover and top brown it for
a few minutes.

It was a big hit!  My family doesn't want to know about what the GF
substitutions are; they just like the final product. You can make
meatballs the same way.

* Southern Homestyle Corn Flake Crumbs
Distributed by:
The Soy Nut Butter Company
4220 Commercial Way
Glenview, IL 60025
800-288-1012
---------------

GF Italian Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

3 lbs ground beef

6 eggs

2 cups rice

3 cups grated cheddar cheese

I Tbl salt

1 tsp pepper

4 Tbl dried chopped chives (or fresh; I use these because I am intolerant of
onions)

2 tsp dried basil + 2 tsp Italian seasoning OR 1 slightly mounded Tbl
Italian seasoning

(the basil gives it a sweeter taste and the Italian gives it a more herby
taste)

Mix all ingredients together well in a very large bowl (this is enough for 2
loaves).  Press mixture into 2    4”-5” X 8”-9” loaf pans (the temps and
times are for glass loaf pans.)  Bake 55 mins. at 350 degrees.  Remove from
oven and pour off some fat.  Cover tops of meatloaves w a generous layer of
gf ketchup.  Bake 15 mins longer.  Cool 10 to 15 mins before cutting loaves.
This freezes well when cut in 1” serving slices and wrapped well in plastic
wrap.
----------

1 ½ lbs ground chuck

2 cups already cooked and cooled brown rice

2 eggs, beaten first

salt & pepper to taste

3 cloves fresh garlic cut up into pieces or slivers

1/8 bunch of fresh Italian parsley chopped small

sm. Amount of any type of onions of you¹re not allergic like me

sm. Amount of GF Italian spices to your liking: basil, oregano, sage

maybe some GF rice flour if mix is too runny

GF Parmesan cheese ­ as much as you like

mash up with your hands real well

make into a large patty and bake 350 degree oven approx. 30 mins or more
depending on your sea level

you can also make these into little meatballs and fry up in olive oil, use
in tomato sauce meals, or hordeorves (sic)
------------
5 Minute Meatloaf

2lbs hamburger
1 pkg gf onion soup mix
1c chopped onions
2 eggs

Mix together and cook in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
----------------
I just recently made my first meatloaf. I found a pretty good recipe in
Carol Fenster's Gluten Free 101 book.
---------------
 I use almond meal in place of bread crumbs (available at Trader Joe's if
you live near one)  Quinoa flakes work also.  I add ketchup, (about 1/4 cup)
onion flakes and onion salt.  That's it - you can add whatever seasonings
you like
-------------
My family loves this recipe:

1# ground beef

½ # ground pork

1 egg

1 small onion, chopped very fine

1 clove garlic, minced or pressed (or more, if you like garlic)

1 cup dry GF bread crumbs

¾ cup milk

1 ½ tsp rubbed or ground sage (or less, if you don¹t like sage)

1 tsp ground mustard seed (or mustard powder, if you know for sure it GF)

2 T Worcestershire Sauce (Lea and Perrins is GF)

Mix everything well; bake in greased loaf pan for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours at 350
degrees F.   I put barbecue sauce on top for the last ½ hour
--------------
USE ANY MEATLOAF RECIPE, MERELY SUBSTITUTING GF BREAD FOR WHEAT BREAD. THEY
ARE ALL GOOD.
-------------
I've been using instant mashed potato flakes as a filler.  Add steak sauce
to the mixture for flavor & moisture.
------------
One and a third pounds hamburger, 2 eggs, 2 slices GF bread torn into small
pieces, chopped onion (as much as you want) 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and
pepper to taste, and milk to get it to a nice malleable state. Shape into
loaf. For sauce use about a third of a cup of catsup or a little more, a
teaspoon of dry mustard and and a couple tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix
well, and put over meatloaf. Bake at 350 for an hour.
--------------
3 slices (approximately) of GF white bread made into breadcrumbs (I use my
small food processor) (I use Sterk's sandwich bread, it's very good)
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
OR - Stop & Shop carries something called Meatloaf/Meatball mix which is 1/3
each pork, veal and ground beef
3 Tbls. prepared horseradish
3Tbls. chopped fresh parsley
1 egg
1 medium onion diced small or whirl in the food processor

Mix all together with your hands. You may need another slice of bread made
into breadcrumbs, depending on how moist the meat, etc. is.

Form into a loaf. Put on regular roasting pan, not in a loaf pan.

Topping:
1 cup Heinz chili sauce
1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
1 few drops of Tabasco (or to taste)

Cover top of meatloaf, reserve the rest of the sauce for serving later, also
makes a great spread when you make meatloaf sandwiches the next day.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour. Let rest for a few
minutes before slicing.

I usually serve with twice baked potatoes (mixed with sour cream, butter and
cheddar cheese) and succotash.