From:
George C Majinska <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George C Majinska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:45:07 -0500

Hi to all,

Here is the response to the Gf restaurants in Chicago.

>>>check out leye.com for a chain of restaurants that can easily
accommodate GF
or any food sensitivity.  All you have to do is tell the waiter you
require
a gluten free diet and the restaurant has a protocol for handling it.
Also
Ruth's Chris steak house is very easy to eat GF at.  Most of these
restaurants are sort of high end, but the Mighty Nice Grill in the Water
Tower is more casual, although the food isn't quite as high quality as
the
other restaurants listed.  Hope you enjoy your stay in Chgo.  I live on
Lake
Shore Drive and look out my window at the aquarium every day :)

>>>There are lots of great restaurants in the downtown area.  All of
>>>the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants take allergies/intolerances
>>>very seriously.  I have done well at many of them.  At Ben Pao
>>>(Chinese) I have heard you can call ahead and bring your own soy
>>>sauce and they will make you most things.  At Maggianos you should
>>>also call ahead and make sure they have gluten free pasta on hand.
>>>At Corner Bakery I eat salads frequently.  I have had a manager
>>>check on soups for my son.  The manager at the one by us gave my
>>>son a bowl of soup and a bowl of fruit for the kids meal.

>>>Also good are Frontera Grill and Topolobampo--Rick Bayless
>>>Mexican-type restaurants.  The server had a complete list of
>>>ingredients.

These are just some off the top of my head.  Hope others are sending
you ideas, too.

I hope you have a fun time in the Windy City.  Please check out Cafe
Luciano - they serve gluten-free pastas and are located in a fun area
of town.  Here is their contact information:

Luciano's on Rush
871 N. Rush St.

This Gold Coast Mediterranean restaurant has the feel of a Tuscan
bistro and a robust menu to match. Choose from chops, USDA Prime
steaks, veal and fresh seafood options daily, plus a wide variety of
pastas. Dine in one of three dining rooms or have a drink in the
Parlor or bar.

Hours: 11:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 11:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
Friday-Saturday

Fax: 312-266-1192

>>Try going to
>><http://www.goodhealthpublishing.com>www.goodhealthpublishing.com
>>for a list of 59 national/regional
restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items. There's also a
gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant personnel to
ease the ordering process. There are many family type restaurants in it.

>>Please check out our website:
>><http://www.csagc.cjb.net>www.csagc.cjb.net - the Chicago Support
>>Group
- under Restaurant List

There may be some places close to our hotel. There are not many
restaurants
in the Museum Campus area.

Hope this helps some of you.  I know it will help me on my next visit.
Thanks to all who responded.

George