From:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:49:58 -0400

We just got back from the Gluten-Free Summit in Providence, and I wanted to
share the restaurants we dined at while in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
The Summit was phenomenal, and we enjoyed all of the chefs cooking and
baking for us!

The Grille on Main - 50 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI - undeniably the most
incredible restaurant we have dined at since being diagnosed!  We would eat
at this restaurant every night for a week if we didn't live in California!  Chef
Russell and the Eric the manager treated us like royalty!  We had the absolute
best pizza we have ever eaten (including gluten pizza), buffalo wings, sweet
potato fries, shrimp & chicken stir fry, scallops with fried goat cheese and
apple chutney, a huge peanut butter cookie sandwich with vanilla ice cream in
the middle and creme brulee.  Our party left very full and satisfied after this
delicious meal!

Smokey Bones - 31B Universal Blvd., Warwick, RI - great g-f BBQ menu!  We
had BBQ ribs and loaded mashed potatoes!

Pei Wei - 4 Chapel View Blvd., Cranston, RI - sweet and sour chicken with
rice!  Yum!  There are no Pei Wei's yet in Northern California yet.

Rancho Chico - 52 Washington Street, Plainville, MA - the most delicious
Mexican food we have eaten since being diagnosed.  We had nachos, fajitas
and enchiladas.  Even the tortilla chips were g-f!

Burton's Grill - 1363 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - salmon with baked potato
and broccoli, roasted chicken on a carrot and green bean risotto and warm
chocolate torte.

Boynton Pizza - 117 Highland Street, Worcester, MA - their pizza was
absolutely delicious because their crust was crisp on the bottom, very cheesy
and a little bit of grease that we miss so much on our pizzas.  We actually
drove down from Boston the next day to enjoy their pizza again for lunch!
They also had a g-f chocolate mousse cake "to die for!"

Four Seasons Hotel (The Bristol) - 200 Boylston Street, Boston, MA - Chef
Angel at The Bristol made us g-f french toast, blueberry muffins and g-f
almond currant scones!   Just give the chefs some notice and they will make
you anything - even g-f pancakes!

The only restaurant we did not get to was Alice's Diner at 2663 S Main Street,
Fall River, MA.  We were so full from a great dinner the night before, we just
could not eat breakfast that morning!  Alice's has a g-f menu for breakfast
and lunch.

Enjoy!

Sue