From:
ABIGAIL NEUMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 09:58:29 -0500

Hi.  I had a mild gluten reaction when I added Lundberg Family Farms
Brown Rice, Rice Cakes to my diet.  Someone had told me they thought
they were gluten free.  I phoned Lundberg, and they told me that they
also make gluten rice cakes with the same machinery--but they
thoroughly clean the machinery between runs.  Anyone very sensitive to
gluten should beware of these.  I also had reactions to Quaker Oats
Brand Rice Cakes, salted and Apple Cinamon varieties.  They also could
not promise noncontamination.  My symptoms are mild with products that
are contaminated, excessive gas with mucos discharge.  But I still
consider this a reaction, as I do not have this problem unless I ingest
gluten products or gluten contaminated products.