From:
John Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 1995 13:13:09 -0400

Debra Boutin asks if anyone can recommend books on IBS.  Below is a list
that I recently copied from a Web page.  I have ordered several, and believe
that more than one has been referred to in recent postings in the
alt.support.crohn's-colitis USENET group.

 IBS Book List

Gut Reactions: understanding symptoms of the digestive tract
W. Grant Thompson, Plenum Publishing, 1989
ISBN 0-306-43303-6

Learning to Live with Chronic IBS: A practical guide to Irritable Bowel
Syndrome
Norra Tannenhaus, Dell Publishing, 1990
ISBN 0-440-20597-2

*Relief from IBS: Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Elaine Fantle Shimberg, Ballantine Books, 1988
ISBN 0-345-36712-X

The Wellness Book of I.B.S.
Deralee Scanlon, R.D., St. Martin's Press, 1989
ISBN 0-312-03485-7

*Your Gut Feelings: A complete guide to living better with intestinal problems
Henry D. Janowitz, M.D., Oxford, 1994
ISBN 0-19-508936-7

7 Weeks to a Settled Stomach
Ronald L. Hoffman, M.D., Pocket Books, 1990
ISBN 0-6717-3425-3

Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Diverticulosis: A Self-Help Plan
Shirley Trickett, Thorsons, 1990
ISBN 0-7225-2401-3

Herbal Remedies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
David Potterton ND, MRN, MNIMH, W. Foulsham & Co. Ltd
ISBN 0-572-01818-5

Coping Successfully with Your Irritable Bowel
Rosemary Nicol, Sheldon Press
ISBN 0-85969-594-8

Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Special Diet Cookbooks
ISBN 0-7225-2344-0

IBS: A Doctor's Plan for Chronic Digestive Troubles
Gerard Guillory, M.D., Hartley & Marks Pub., 1991
ISBN 0-88179-031-1

Food and the Gut Reaction
Elaine Gottschall B.A., M.Sc., The Kirkton Press, 1987
ISBN 0-9692768-0-X

Gastrointesinal Health: a self-help nutritional program
Steven Peiken, M.D., Harper Collins Pub., 1991
ISBN 0-06-016497-2

*Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired: living with invisible chronic
illness
Paul J. Donoghue Ph.D. & Mark E. Siegel Ph.D., Norton, 1992
ISBN 0-393-31154-6

If This Is a Test Have I Passed Yet?: The struggle to cope with Inflammatory
Bowel Disease
Ferne Sherkin-Langer R.N, BScN, The Canadian Foundation for Ileitis and Colitis
ISBN 0-9695-8290-0

The Care and Feeding of the Irritable Bowel
De Lamar Gibbons, M.D., 1988
Academy of Health, Box 497, Lava Hot Springs Idaho 83246

No Milk Today: How to Live With Lactose Intolerance
Steve Carper, Simon & Schuster, Inc., 1986
ISBN 0-671-60301-0

Apr. 1995