Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:38:21 EDT

In about 3 weeks I am going to Luxembourg for a month as part of a study
abroad program.  I will be staying at the Château de Schengen, in Schengen,
Luxembourg.  I have contacted the chef about my needs.  I gave him a list of the
foods I can and cannot eat, as well as links to the Luxembourg Celiac Society (as
well as the French and German ones), and links to restaurant cards in French
and German.  I also sent him several links that had good info about Celiac.
The director of the program thinks the chef should be able to gluten free
foods.  Does anyone know about the availability of gf foods in Luxembourg?  I plan
on shipping some food ahead of time but they seem to think they will have
mostly everything covered, which is hopefully the case.  I know we are very close
to Germany (literally right across the river) and fairly close to France.  I
think I have everything covered, but suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I
know that Europe is more aware of Celiac that the US, but I am still nervous
about language barriers, etc.  On the weekends I will be traveling around Western
Europe, including Paris, Belgium and possibly Amsterdam.  Our field trips
include Trier, Frankfurt and Brussels.  If anyone has traveled in this area with
success I would love to hear about it.

Thank you,

Eleis