From:
Michelle Creber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Creber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 10:28:34 -0600

Hi,
My children (5&7)  were both diagnosed with Celiac Disease in February, after having a biopsy.
I am feeling very overwhelmed and confused with all the information that I am getting from everyone, and would appreciate some help!
My husband says I am being too crazy, thinks I am over reacting when I say to use the gf cutting board to cut the block of cheese, so it stays gf.  (am I?)

My kitchen has both gf and non-gf equipment, my husband and I aren’t gf, as well as the children I baby sit.  So, I pretty much have two kitchens
squeezed into one.
I sell tupperware, so we have a lot, do I have to have separate tupperware for their gf food? (plates, bowls, storage containers, mixing bowls, spoons, quick shaker ...)
Or, after being put into the dishwasher, are they ok?  Should I be putting the gf dishes in a separate load in the dishwasher?

Do you phone companies if their ingredients appear to be gf, but do not state the may contain allergens on their wrappers?
Our local meat shop now makes gluten free sausage, which I am pretty sure is made on the same equipment that the regular sausage is made on.  I was under
the impression that gf food has to be made on different, gf equipment.

My daughter’s teacher called to let me know that my daughter has been very timid, unsure of herself, has had a lack of confidence, very emotional, all since being gluten free.
(which is how her niece acts when she IS glutenated)  My son has also been very emotional and angry since the change.  Which is leading me to believe I am not getting all
the gluten in their diet and everyday life (they use gf soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, toothpaste, handsoap, playdoh, finger paint...)

Any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thank You in advance!

Michelle