From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 12:22:20 PDT

This past week the LISTSERV passed 457 members.

Just a short note to let everyone know that Mike Jones is back on the
list, after being away for three weeks.  My old ID ([log in to unmask]) is
still down and there is no good estimate of when it will be back on line.

This new ID ([log in to unmask]) appears to better suited for
monitoring the LISTSERV.

I would like to repeat my request for point of contacts in the various
support groups around the world.  As you have noticed in a few of the
posting, there is always a question about products or activities in a
certain city.  It would be nice to have the email address of a contact to
go along with the name of support groups in the listing that will be
placed as a reference file on this LISTSERV.  You do not need to be an
officer of the group, I will list your ID as point of contact to relay
requests for information about the group activities or information about
a geographic location.

You may have noticed that the activities of this LISTSERV are very
similar to a support group.  This shows in the diverse discussions from
the experienced celiac to the newly diagnosed.  Once again everyone has
shown that fellow celiacs can be of the greatest assistance in adapting
to the GF diet.  Everyone should be proud of their professional manner in
conducting discussions.

When talking about products, ingredients or medication, please attempt to
supply a reference for your recommendation for or against a product.
These facts are critical in allowing each reader to determine the
appropriateness of an item for their personal diet.  When recommendations
are based upon symptoms, it is critical to know your sensitivity to the
toxic proteins.  Some celiacs like myself can never make a comment about
a product because of the subtle physical change after ingestion of
gluten.

If your signature block does not include a reference to your location or
it is not part of your email address, please let the other readers know
where the product is available.  We are an International discussion group
and there are major differences in products (even the same brand name)
when you cross a border.

If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at this ID.  If I do not
know the answer, I will attempt to forward it to a more knowledgeable
person.

Michael Jones
Living a wonderful, GF life in Orlando, FL
One of the Celiac LISTSERV Co-Owners