Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 06:10:31 -0400

I am wondering about annato.  What is the problem with it?  I have heard
that the coloring process uses alcohol, which may not be gluten free.
Does that mean that sometimes it is a problem and sometimes not?
Because annato is in many cheeses--including some kosher ones which are
labelled kosher for passover, which should mean gluten-free (no matzah
in cheese, me thinks :-)

I'm also still confused about vinegar.  Done some reading on our
website, but still not sure exactly which kinds are okay--what about
white vinegar--is that okay?

Thanks for info.

Debbie