From:
Karen Valderrama <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Valderrama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:11:24 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I received a few replies about a possible reaction to
seaweed.  Most suggested that it may be the iodine in
seaweed that may have caused this.  I understand
iodine exacerbates dh, however I never had dh that
would fit the criteria of this skin disorder, but I
did have a non-itchy rash that cleared up after three
months gluten free.  I've never reacted to seafood
negatively.  The seaweed was not flavored with soy,
which two people asked about.  A few mentioned
enjoying their seaweed-wrapped sushi with no problem.
One mentioned that Japanese products miso and wasabi
are not safe for celiacs, miso being made with barley.
 I believe it was only one other person who mentioned
a negative reaction   to sushi.

So I feel left a little in the dark about this current
reaction.  It is typical, in symptoms, to my other
reactions, except for its origin and severity.
I had been lightening up on food restrictions of late,
not having suffered any reaction to really small
questionablenesses - like Fritos corn ships, Lay's
potato chips, ice cream (I read the labels).  I'm
wondering if it slowly accrued in my system, just
don't know what happened.

Karen