Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 19:55:52 -0600

To The List:
    My 67 year old, celiac, brother has recently been diagnosed with
prostate cancer and apparently has had this slow-growing menace for
about 10 years or so.  His surgeon has recommended surgery for removal
of prostate within four months, however there are other courses of
treatment open to him.  My questions are to anyone on this list who is
or knows of a celiac who has/had prostate cancer.

1.  Did you choose chemotherapy over surgery?  Why?  What were the
effects of the chemo and medications on your celiac condition?

2.  In general, would you comment regarding complications from your
treatment (surgery, chemo, nutrition, etc.) and any good results you may
have had.

3.  Are you currently cancer free?

4.  Would you choose the same course of treatment, if you had to do it
over again, and why?

5.  How did you manage your celiac disease with whatever course of
treatment you chose.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation...will summarize.  Joy Ash,
Silver City, NM