From:
Paul Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:49:47 +0100

I recently saw a post from a chiropractor concerning some reasearch she
was doing on the links between coeliacs disease and cartilege
degeneration / arthritis. Does any body still have her email address or
has anybody had any of these types of joint problems.

        Let me indulge you into my background a little. I used to be
very active , running ( half marathons ), football , basketball and when
I was 22 tore my right medial cartilege and anterior cruciate ligament.
The doctors at the time blamed it on my sport but I found that a bit
hard to swallow for various reasons. Shortly after my surgery I needed a
further arthroscopy for the same reason - possibly due to the first one
being performed incorrectly. Just as I was getting back into sport I was
diagnosed with coeliacs , Jan '96 , and since then have played very
little sport. However after a game of football in March my other knee
started to hurt big-time and guess what ?? Unfortunately this time my
medial and lateral cartileges are torn , how could this be when I have
done very little sport ?? Could it be CD ??

--
Paul Rodgers