From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:43:58 -0800

Hi Friends,
        I made waffles, and my own syrup (recipes follow) which my
non-celiac hubby devoured and pronounced:  "These are pretty good! Is there
any more?"

Hope you like them.

QUICK WAFFLES
(adapted from recipe which came with Black and Decker waffle maker)

2 eggs

3/4 cup milk (I used 1 heaping scoop of "Better Than Milk" and enough water
to make 3/4 cup.  Mixed thoroughly)

2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 cup Bette Hagman's general purpose flour mix
1 1/2 tsp. GF baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Lightly brush waffle grids with vegetable oil (I used GF cooking spray).
Close unit and preheat to proper setting. (my waffle iron has a variable
heat setting for waffles, which I set to exactly the middle.  Too _hot_
makes them suitable for house insulation!)

In medium bowl, beat eggs until thick.  Add "milk," oil, and dry
ingrdients, mix till smooth.

Pour batter evenly onto preheated grid (amt. per your irons instructions).
Close unit and bake (approx 5 min).  Mine has a light which goes out when
done, so your baking time may vary.

Makes 8 toaster sized waffles.  These freeze well and can be reheated at a
low setting in toaster.

GF SYRUP

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. GF vanilla
pinch salt

Pour water into large sauce pan.  Add sugar and heat till boiling.  Cook
stirring constantly till all sugar has disolved.  Reduce heat and add maple
syrup, vanilla, and pinch salt.  Stir till thoroughly mixed. Remove from
heat.  Store in closed container in frige.

This syrup will be much thinner than store brands but just as tasty.
Resist the urge to cook down and thicken, as this will cause the sugars to
recrystalize in the refrigerator.   Should crystals appear over time,
simply reheat in microwave safe container (stirring at 40 sec. intervals)
till sugar disolves.

Hope you like them,
Lynda

\*/\*/\*/ Lynda \*/ [log in to unmask] \*/ So. Calif.\*/\*/ _@v
P.S.  I have no afilliation nor monitary interest in Black and Decker, or
Better than Milk products.