From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:12:59 -0400

Hi all, I asked some time ago about a possible relationship between cd,
elevated liver enzymes and leg pain.  Thank you to those of you who
responded.  A few suggested the leg pain is indicative of restless leg
syndrome which I've been reading in the postings and never made this
association.

There's much posted in the archives.

There's a web site on restless leg syndrome, www.rls.org

One agreed with my thought of imbibing alcohol makes it worse.

One said restless leg syndrome is associated with iron deficiency.

There is association with Celiac disease and liver enzymes, and celiac and
iron deficiency.  But not sure of an associatioin between liver enzymes and
iron deficiency.

One had a swollen liver and high liver enzymes prior to cd diagnosis.

After being anemic for a long period of time, a GI doctor did a biopsy and
made the diagnosis.  S/he also suffered from bone and muscle pain before
going gf.

A few others also shared of a showing of high liver enzymes leading to a
diagnosis of cd.

The book, Coeliac Disease, edited by Dr. Michael Marsh mentions the
association between CD and elevated liver enzymes.

There is this other excellent site too:
http://forums.delphi.com/n/main.asp?webtag=celiac&nav=messages
With thousands of GF recipes and very caring and knowledgeable people to
answer your questions.

One experienced improvement of elevated liver enzymes after taking oral
enzymes purchased at the health food store.

...Mildred Oberkotter