From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:04:11 -0500

Thanks so very much for all the replies to my question about where to
find gf bread that is also yeast free for my mother, who has just been
diagnosed with celiac disease. Most people gave me recipes for this type
of bread, but that will probably not work since I'm sure she won't want
to bake. I live too far away to take bread to her on a regular basis. I
was told by someone on the list that all yeast is dead in baked bread,
therefore it should not cause a problem for her. I don't have any
scientific evidence that this is correct. She was told by Dr. Kenneth
Fine to not only stay gf, but to also avoid bakers and brewers yeast.
Doesn't that mean that bread made with yeast would be off limits?

Christie in TX