From:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Jania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2014 14:15:14 -0700

Good afternoon!
I am wondering if anyone has had this condition either on their fingernails or toe nails.  This is my second time of having this on my fingernails.  I have been prescribed Ciclopirox gel to put under the fingernails.  I've been using this for 4 weeks now and still have the problem.  The first time I got this condition, the gel cleared it up within this time frame.

I have been diagnosed with CD since 2006.  Have been GF ever since.  Had no problem with this before diagnosis.  The first time I got this was around 6 years after diagnosis.  Is this condition related to CD?  I have been researching it online, and it said it is a fungus but can also be caused by thyroid disease.  I had nodules on my thyroid and had my thyroid removed 25 years ago.  I take thyroid replacement, get my blood tested for this regularly and have my dose regulated often.  Is this thyroid related?  Keeping your hands out of water is key, and using the gel twice a day.  Keeping  your hands out of water is more difficult than you might think.  I am a frequent hand-washer, and showering is impossible w/o getting your hands wet.  I do use rubber gloves for kitchen work, although I admit I remove them and do the cooking w/o the gloves at times because they gloves are cumbersome and make chopping things difficult.  I've even used the
 gel 3 times a day when I have had my hands in water more than I should and still the problem persists.  Any info regarding this is appreciated.

Thank you and I will summarize.