From:
Nadia Chychota <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:01:29 -0700

Hi everyone!! (Kalispera!)

just got back from my two weeks in the Greek islands and thought i would
update you on my celiac luck....

i took a translation of the restaurant card with me... glad i did!! it
made sense to everyone and i was able to eat in peace. mind you.... to
be safe i'm sure, the restaurants recommended that i stay away from rice
and potatoes, and most meats --- i ate a lot of chicken and salads. but
i did have lamb and some fresh seafood. i stayed away from anything i
didn't know the ingredients of... in the buffet restaurants, again the
card was the lifesaver  - i had the maitre d's make special meals for
me. breakfasts tended to be plain - boiled eggs and lots of cheeses.
some of the larger cities had health food stores where i  bought rice
cakes.

i flew air transat (luckily our flights landed safely!) and requested
gluten free meals. for the most part - they were as expected, bland and
plain- chicken.

I would highly recommend the trip - we chose hellenic harmonies thru
regent tours. just keep an open mind and enjoy all you can!

back home in toronto..
nac