From:
Tricia Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tricia Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 18:33:43 -0400

The following was just sent to me by a representative of Frito Lay

On Monday, June 2, 2014 Frito-Lay initiated the voluntary recall of select 1 1/8 oz. packages of Oven Baked Lay’s BBQ. The product is being recalled because its package face is incorrectly labeled with the Frito-Lay gluten-free (GF) logo, while the ingredient panel and disclosures on the back of the packaging correctly indicate that the product contains wheat and barley.  As a result, there could be confusion whether this product is gluten free.  This was an isolated incident and we are putting parameters in place to prevent this from occurring again.

The affected product was sold to our foodservice and vending customers, as well as club retailers as one of the products included in the Baked! & Popped Mix 30 ct. Variety Pack Tray and Baked! Mix 30 ct. Variety Pack Cube.  We have notified the FDA, as well as all of our relevant customers and partners, and we are working quickly to retrieve the product.

Thanks

Tricia

Tricia Thompson MS RD
The Gluten-Free Dietitian | Nutrition Consultant Celiac Disease
Phone: 978-526-1696 | Fax: 978-526-7848
Email: [log in to unmask] | Web: www.glutenfreedietitian.com
Founder Gluten Free Watchdog LLC | Web: www.glutenfreewatchdog.org