From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:32:24 -0500

Sorry I missed the discussion on sun blocks that don't contain gluten. I
really need a good one for an upcoming trip to the Texas coast. I've
called Neutrogena and ALL of theirs have gluten except the Active Sport
Gel. But, after trying it, I found that it's almost all alcohol!! About
70 percent, which is so drying to the skin.

I know that it's always controversial about whether we should worry about
topical agents that contain gluten, but I'm sticking with the advise
celiac researcher Dr. Kenneth Fine in Dallas, Tx, gave me. He said that
this is an auto-immune disease. Using anything that is absorbed into the
blood stream via the skin will affect the immune system.

If anyone knows of a "safe" sun block cream, could you please e-mail me?

Thanks! Christie in TX