From:
The Holt's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:18:44 -0600

What's the "Elisa" test?

Does anybody have a good summary of the types of allergy tests and the
differences between them?  I had a skin test, and my son had a blood test,
and we both came up with different food allergies... but I've heard you can
react negatively to one and positively to another test of the same allergen...

My son tested + for wheat and milk, but appears sensitive (symptoms: asthma
and hyperactivity) to chocolate and possibly yeast as well... I came up +
for yeast and chocolate, but have had a rash disappear since going off dairy.

Jeanne