From:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:25:32 -0400

I had asked about the risk of having iodine injection with a CAT scan.
This was ordered for me after finding suspicion in a chest X-ray.  The
general consensus in the replies I received was that it was something
to avoid if possible.  As Hilary pointed out, there is a huge
difference in the tiny iodine one accepts with a multivitamin compared
to that of the injection given for an X-ray. Others pointed out the
horrors of an actual allergic reaction some get from iodine.  Anyway,
my endocrinologist and I decided no iodine and had the CAT scan done
without.  The good news came today that it was negative.  Thanks to the
folk who responded about this.  When doctors don't know, it's good to
have this more informed group to rely on.  Thanks!
--Ron in Elmira NY