From:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:55:36 -0500

Extra info for anyone who read my earlier posts on maltitol and maltodextrin and was interested in trying the bars I mentioned . . .

The Chocolate Mint Crisp contain rice and soy crisps.  They appear to be gf.  The ingredients read:  "rice crisps (rice flour, sugar, salt, calcium carbonate)" . . . .and . . ."soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch)"

The Crispy Peanut Caramel however reads "crisp rice (rice, sugar, malt extract and salt)."  Bummer.

Other posters mentioned that some of the Atkins Bars do not contain any gluten ingredients, and other faves were Larabars, PureFit, Kalihari Trekker bars and Ruth's Macapower bars.