From:
Harlene Caroline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:23:32 -0400

One more for tabbouli.  I found the reference for quinoa; I had not
deleted it.  Just too early in the morning, I guess.

"I have seen quinoa listed in several cold salads and was about to try
that. I'm going to use domestic quinoa frm White Mountain Farm
719-378-2436 www.whitemountainfarm.com.  Its taste is in another league
from the import. They've been growing it for forty years and have
clearly been selecting strains. Their black strain is expensive, but
extraordinary. Yes, it's quinoa with the characteristic rings when
cooked.Texture of both strains hot seems right for tabouli, though
tastes cold are unknown to me."

As my last posts indicated, others have used quinoa cold in tabbouli and
liked it.

Now, we just have to get the summer weather back.  We have gone back to
cold, wet and gray.  As they say, if you don't like the weather, wait,
it will change.  Over the last few days we have flipped from 60 to 90
and back again.  the garden is loving the rain though.

Harlene