From:
karen l smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:29:15 -0500

Here are the sources given for dairy free information, and a few
recommendations.  thanks to those of you who replied.  I printed off
lists from the gfcfdiet site which will be immensely useful.  Someday I
hope someone will create such a list which will offer options to exclude
foods with other allergens, depending on each individuals needs.

Thanks,
Karen in MO

  http://www.NoMilk.com/list.html
  http://www.NoMilk.com/
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/no-milk.html

www.GFCFKids.com

http://www.gfcfdiet.com/foodlist.htm

gfcfdiet.com
"they have a list that's pretty good, with a few exceptions
(they list Lays potato chips as being produced on dedicated
equipment and I called Lays and was told that was totally false)"
"www.gfcfdiet.com is the site for parent of autistic children being
treated w/ gluten & casein (milk protein) free diet.  They do have a
g.f./cf listing.  To find it from their homepage, Click on Explanation &
then on Site Map....

They also post weekly updates of product changes.

a web site for a local Food Allergic Kids playgroup.  You might be able
to find some recipes on the recipe pages that you could use.  Not all of
them are gf, but quite a number are. www.lasmadres.org/alleriges

there is also a GFCFRecipes (GF/Casein Free) list on Yahoogroups.  I
think this one has an Autism Spectrum subculture, but you may be able to
find a lot of info on going gluten and dairy free.  In addition, there is
GlutenFreeKitchen and FoodAllergyKitchen lists on Yahoogroups that you
might be interested in.  FoodAllergyKitchen deals with any food
allergies.

Vans makes a great frozen waffle which is gf,df and a few other f's.
They are good too and found in the freezer section of healthfood and
enlightened grocery stores.

I am celiac but also had a high allergy to casein (protein in
milk/dairy). I've been using rice milk and a powdered milk called Dari-
Free and safflower margarines (Hain) but no cheese. I have tried the soy
cheese and do not care for it. (once in a while I will try some of the
foods on my allergy list) And just yesterday I found a non-dairy (with
NO casein) creamer in the frozen section (by cool-whip) called Coffee Rich.

God doesn't call the qualified,
 He qualifies the called.
see Romans 5:1-6
http://www.NestFamily.com/KLSmith
(don't miss "this week's special"- click on the icon)