From:
Debra Boutin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 04:51:00 EST

pounds at the time of my dianosis.  And I had actually _gained_
about 8 pounds during the prior year (though that was most likely
due to hormonal birth control).  Some people simple don't loss
weight with CD.  My brother, on the other hand, was just diagnosed
and he weighs about the same as me and is 6 feet tall!!  Don't let
the doctor's rule out celiac disease just because you're not
extremely thin.

I believe that CD can affect the absorbtion of nutrients in the
intestines without having much of an effect on the absorbtion of
fat and calories, though this is probably less common.

Good luck with the medical community.  Even though my brother had all
the classis symptoms, and I had just been diagnosed, his doctor told
his that "CD is rare. You can't have it."  Either keep insisting, or
find a new doctor, or both.

Debra Boutin