From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 1995 22:39:29 GMT

As promised, the Crest letter arrived, dated May 8th and signed by Karen
Lubbers, Consumer Relations, Procter & Gamble, Box 599, Cincinnati OH
45201-0599:

'We appreciate your interest in Crest and welcome the opportunity to address
your concerns.  All Crest versions, both in the U.S. and Canada are gluten
free..."

As we have seen, just because a company says their products are gluten free
does not mean that they really are GF ... but it is at least a start.

Bill Elkus

P.S. For those of you who have been requesting FAQ files (frequently asked
questions), due to the heroic efforts of several volunteers, a draft now
exists and is being reviewed by the listowners.  Watch for an announcement
soon about how to access, and to whom to send your comments and suggestions.