From:
Gena Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:49:38 -0500

Hi everyone!

I was in Walgreens on Monday and saw a product called Glenny's Soy
Crisps.  Since I am always on the lookout for more snack-type items, I
looked over the ingredients.  The store let me use their phone to call
the toll-free number.  Linda (the customer service rep I got) said the
ingredients "looked" OK, but she wanted to double-check with the plant
both on the ingredients and the manufacturing (no belt dusting with
flour, etc.).  While she had never heard of celiac or the questions I
was asking, she did everything she could to answer them, and kept
apologizing for putting me on hold while she found answers.  Today I got
a letter from her (see below):

Dear Ms. Clark,

After careful investigation we have determined that there is absolutely no
wheat, barley, rye, or oats on the belts or materials used in the
production of the Soy Crisps.

The Lightly Salted, Onion Garlic, and Apple Cinnamon Soy Crisps are gluten
free.  There is a small trace of gluten in the Barbeque seasoning.

If there is anything else I cann assist you with please feel free to call.

Thank you,

Linda Fishman
Quality Control

If you want to contact them yourself, here is the info:

Glenn Foods, Inc.
181 S. Franklin Ave.
Suite 501
Valley Stream, NY  11581