From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 21:46:54 -0400

Try protein.  It sticks to the ribs, like cut up white meat turkey or chicken, also small portions of beans.

Try the www.KITCHENTABLEBAKERS.com. rachael ray loves them and I promise you will as well.  (Lin's comment...These are cheese. I've had them and love them.)

Actually, cheese is natural fat and does not raise cholesterol since only 5% of what you eat affects cholesterol.  So, cheese is good or meat or hard boiled eggs.
I eat nuts as a snack or plain yogurt with nuts in it.  I also eat our gluten-free tea cakes made with almond meal and a low-glycemic all natural sweetener, WheyLow (see wheylow.com for details).  I also snack on our granola (plain not with dried fruit) that is made full of nuts and with WheyLow.

For snacks, try nuts, any nuts other than peanuts (too many carbs).Try a teaspoonful of nut butter made from almond, cashew, etc.
We grind our own nut butter in a food processor; it's cheaper that way.
For yogurt, instead of buying the sweetened fruit variety, buy plain yogurt and put some blueberries or strawberries in it.  That way, you
get the fruit flavor without all that added sugar.  Keep reducing the amount of fruit, and eventually you will get to like the taste ofplain yogurt, like I do.
Plain cheese:  Mozarella sticks, a slice of swiss.  Make sure that itis real cheese, not the plastic stuff like Velveta or like those that
come in pre-wrapped slices.  (Lin's comment....I live on mozzarella sticks and babybel's!)
Beef jerky.  (Lin's comment. Can't do beef jerky. I keep Kosher. Don't know of any kosher jerky.)

PureFit bars

Walden Farms has great GF. sugar-free, and fat-free sauces for salads and a chocolate sauce that has no calories, but a lot of flavor!!  You can order all of this online or find a grocery store that carries them for less than I can order them--they even have GF, calorie-free, fat-free mayonnaise that is wonderful.  For some reason, I cannot eat tuna, but this makes a great tuna salad.  There is also Chex cereals that are GF:  Chocolate, Rice, Honey-Nut, Honey-Cinnamon, I think that's what it's called.  They are really good.   Breyers and Dreyers are supposed to have some GF, sugar-free  ice creams, but only Breyers has a no-fat one, but not sugar-free.  You could find that out online to ice cream manufacturers--asking for sugar-free.  They are pretty good at answering your questions.  Cold juices in the little boxes are good, but they will run your blood sugars up; they carb-count is right on the boxes.  I workout, too, and find that I have to use a different basil rate on my insulin pump for workout days!!  I found the Chex cereals at Wal-Mart!!

I feed my 3 celiacs on a relaxed version of the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet). When we learned several years ago that 3 of us were celiac, we of course cut out the gluten, but still had difficulties with many other foods. I stumbled upon this SCD idea and used it as a temporary healing diet, gradually adding back in some foods, but it essentially eliminates all the grains and sugars (complex poly- or di- carbs) which are so prevalent in the gf substitutes. I checked out cook books dedicated to the SCD and have learned to make really yummy baked goods using almond flour, for instance, which is very filling, packed full of good energy, etc. Another hint, make sure you are getting enough of the good fats - this helps regulate that hungry feeling as well. I cook with olive oil, coconut oil, walnut oil, etc.

Lots of people recommended sugar free preserves and/or artificial sweetener added to plain yogurt.