From:
Graven Water <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graven Water <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:50:40 -0500

I have this terrible problem with bladder infections, they're
getting antibiotic-resistant.  dont tell me to take cranberries, I
have a cranberry intolerance.
I found one hidden food intolerance I didn't know I had, recently - to
pepper (pepper and salt pepper).  I've been eating pepper all along - I
found about 30 or 100 food intolerances I hadn't known I had in 2005 and
I thought I'd gotten all of them, but I missed pepper.  It's a mild
reaction.  I had tried kava, it's in the same genus as pepper, and I got
sick from that.  So I did a pepper family elimination for a week, then I
tried the pepper and I got sick.
I had a frequent urination problem which got a lot better after I stopped
using pepper.  The urologist thought pepper might be irritating and cause
a frequent urination problem, even aside from the pepper intolerance,
which I didn't know about then.  I don't know if this is true.
But I've also read that bladder infections can be caused by irritation
in the bladder from "allergies", bacteria make a home in the irritated
place.  I wonder if I'll stop getting bladder infections on a pepper-free
diet!  It would be wonderful.
Frequent urination is also a food intolerance symptom, although you
mostly won't find that mentioned as a possible cause in articles about
it.  I just find it stunning and amazing to contemplate how many of
people's vague stubborn health problems, may be from food intolerance.
Joint pain - I think of all the "musculoskeletal support" things in
natural catalogs and wonder how many of the buyers are gluten or food
intolerant.  Fatigue.  Irritability.  Anxiety.  my God.  Food intolerances
are so tricky to figure out, it's such a long painful process, and it's so
easy for people to not realize they have them!
Anyway if you are gluten intolerant and you have urinary tract problems
like this, they may be caused by food intolerances you don't know you have
- many celiacs have reactions to other foods.  It's impossible to guess
whether you're intolerant to a food.  Especially since people tend to
love the foods they're intolerant to.  The best way to find your hidden
food intolerances is to do an elimination diet and food challenges. See
http://www.cyberspace.org/~pbbl/elimination.html

Laura