From:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:33:58 -0500

Listmates,

I enjoyed Katherine's summary posts on pizza.  I wrote her a note and
decided that I should share the book information with all of you.
This is a recent book that I am enjoying.

One of my favorite pizza's is in Laura Werlin's The All American
Cheese and Wine Book:  Pairings, Profiles & Recipes.   It is the
Gruyere, Wild Mushroom and Arugula Pizza on page 137.  The pizza is
made and baked with the fresh arugula "salad" added after it comes
from the oven.  She has a section on pizzas using different cheeses
and toppings.  I use a GF pizza crust and her toppings.

A lot of Werlin's recipes are GF or can be easily modified.  Her
Apricot Coins are an easy GF appetizer to make.  The
Chocolate-Mascarpone Tart is GF--crust is almonds, brown sugar, &
butter.  Her list of cheesemakers is extensive and includes
addresses, telephone numbers, and URL's.  Same information is
included for winemakers.  Lots of information and wonderful pictures
too.  The book lists for $37.50 and is well worth the investment or
look for it in your public library.

Betsy
Austin, Texas