Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:28:13 +0000

The Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group invites you to attend our next meeting:

Sunday, March 30 - 2:00 pm
Phelps Memorial Hospital - Auditorium
Sleepy Hollow, NY

The program will focus on the challenges of gluten-free living and eating - and offer the tools and techniques for making this easier and more successful. It is a program designed for young and old and was developed in response to the many requests we have for help with “living” as well as eating gluten-free.

Topics will include:

-       What is your personality type and how does this affect your ability to cope?
-       Dealing with social embarrassment
-       Are we outcasts or are we special?
-       Dispelling fantasies (will I spoil an event for everyone/myself?)
-       How to make sure celiac disease does not dominate your life or an evening out
-       Dining with the boss, friends and family
-       The family and celiac disease (the challenges of visiting in-laws, etc.)
-       The challenges of dining out (buffets and restaurants that don’t cook from scratch)
-       Menu essentials

Guest Speakers:

Eibhlin Donlon-Farry, Ph.D.

Dr. Donlon-Farry is a clinical social worker with a private practice in Psychotherapy in New City, NY, who works with children and adults. She also works as an adjunct professor at SUNY Empire State College, New City, NY. Dr. Donlon-Farry takes a special interest in the social and emotional issues surrounding celiac disease and was diagnosed with CD in 1998.

Emily Feiner, LCSW

Ms. Feiner is a clinical social worker in private practice in Rockland County, NY.  She specializes in treating adolescents, adults and couples. Her areas of expertise include substance abusers and their family members, depression and anxiety and sexuality issues. She teaches at Westchester Community College in the Human Services program. She is the mother of a 10 year
old son who was diagnosed with celiac disease at 18 months.

This is a program you will not want to miss.

Plan to arrive by 1:30 to shop with our vendors:

Everybody Eats
Joan's GF Great Bakes
Maria Ann Roglieri, with her book: The Gluten Free Guide to New York

...and more

We hope you will join us!  No reservations are necessary to attend the meeting.  For further information, please contact Sue Goldstein, [log in to unmask], (914) 428-1389.