From:
Carsten Träbing
Reply To:
Carsten Träbing
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:44:34 +0100

Hello,

In germany the official german celiac organization (DZG) publishes every year
a list of products we can eat (based on requests to the food companies).
Regarding whisky the official recommendation is: it depends on the product.
I'm not an expert in whisky destillation but it seems to me that there are
destillation procedures where the whisky still contains gluten (It's the same
with rye whisky, some are allowed, some not).
The list indicates the following whiskies are gf (don't know wether they are
scotch or not), the product you can buy in the US should be the same as in
germany:
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Gold
- Dewar's "White Label" Scotch Whisky
- Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey Single Barrel
- Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Dean's Finest Scotch Whisky
- Elijah Craig 12 YO Bourbon Whiskey
- Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey
- Old Canada McGuiness Canad. Whiskey
- Chivas Regal 12 YO Blended Scotch Whisky
- Grant's Family Reserve Whisky
- Glenfiddich Whisky
- Black Bush Whisky

Greetings