From:
Angela Bulawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:20:35 -0500

We have made the following carrot cake twice and it was great both times.
It was very moist and actually stayed moist the next day. (That was as
long as it lasted before it was eaten!)

Carrot Cake

2 cups gf flour (I used Bette Hagman's original blend)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon xantham gum
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
4 eggs
2 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups of oil ( I used 1 cup of oil + 1/2 cup applesauce the second
time and couldn't tell the difference)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)

Mix dry ingredients. Add other ingredients and mix well. Bake in three
9-inch pans (greased and floured) at 350 F. about 25 minutes or until
done. Let cool and frost. ( I used a creamed cheese frosting but it wasn't
gfcf)
I got this recipe a while ago and have made it several times. I reduce the
oil in 1/2 and replace with apple sauce sometimes,I also put more carrots
and less chopped apples sometimes as well. Not sure what you can do to
make the frosting CF. Do you have a CF white frosting that you can use or
a cream cheese and butter substitute?
Carrot Cake
This recipe comes to us from Shirlee Finn. It was made especially for her
by Anne Gardinier in Canada. No one, but no one, will be able to tell this
from the "real thing."
4 Eggs.
2 cups Sugar.
1 ¼ cup Oil.
1 ¼ cups Rice Flour.
¼ Cup Potato Flour.
½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum.
2 teaspoons Cinnamon.
2 teaspoons Baking Powder.
1 teaspoon Baking soda.
1 teaspoon Salt.
3 cups Grated Carrots.
½ Cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts.
2 cups chopped Apples.

Heat oven to 180. Beat Eggs well gradually adding sugar until the mixture
is light and fluffy. Beat in Oil. Sift in the dry ingredients. Then add
the Nuts to coat them. Fold in all the dry ingredients. Use a greased 9 x
13 pan or 2 round layer pans. 9 x 13 will take about 45 mins. to cook.
Test with cake tester. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out.
FROSTING.
125 gm Cream Cheese.
2 tablespoons of Butter or Margarine.
250 gr. Icing Sugar.
1 teaspoon Lemon Rind
2 to 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice.
At room temperature beat the Margarine and Cream Cheese together. Then add
Icing Sugar alternately with the Lemon Juice. Beat until smooth.

You can find a delicious carrot cake recipe from Authentic Foods.  Go to
http://www.authenticfoods.com/recipes/cakerecipes.htm
Recipe for the Carrot Cake from The Gluten Free Kitchen By Roben Ryberg
Let me know if you would like this recipe...it was sent to me as a PDF
attachment.
Here is a carrot cake recipe that I tried.  The cake was very popular with
the non-celiacs also.

4-eggs
2-cups sugar
1 1/4-cups rice flour
1/4-cups potato flour
2-tsp cinnamon (or more)
2-tsp baking soda
1-tsb salt
3-cups grated carrots
1/2-cups chopped pecans or wanuts
2-cups chopped apples

Heat oven to 350*F
Beat eggs well gradually adding sugar untill mix is fluffy
Beat in oil
Shift in all dry ingredients
Add nuts to coat them
Fold in dry ingredients
Use a greased 9x13 pan of 2 round layer pans
Cook for about 45 min
Test the cake and let cool for 10 min

Frosting
125g- cream cheese
2tbsp- of butter
250g-icing sugar
1- tsp lemon rind
2 to 3- tbsp lemon juice

At room temp beat butter and cream cheese together
Add icing sugar alternatly w/ lemon juice
Beat until smooth
Carrot Cake         335*  1+1/4 hours

2-1/2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
Dash salt
2 cups sugar
2 teas. Baking Powder
1 teas. Baking Soda
3 teas. Cinnamon
4 eggs
2 cans/jars carrots (14-1/2oz. Drain & Save juice)
3/4 Cup oil
3/4 cup carrot juice
1/2 cup chopped nuts (never tried it with nuts)

Throw everything in a bowl and beat for a good 5+ minutes with electric
mixer.
Bake in BUNDT pan.... This is a large cake.
For frosting I mix Cool-whip and Cream cheese... Or... dribble with
favorite frosting...Or.... just sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
Thank you so much for ALL of your recipes!  I look forward to trying them!

Angela in NJ