From:
Wendy Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 21:04:23 EST

Dear List members,

My daughter Kim has been bugging me for Easy Cheese, you know the "fake"
cheese in a can.  Well, I picked up a can at the grocery, and nothing in the
ingredient label stuck out as potentially gluten-containing.  Because this is
a highly processed product, I decided to call and check it all out anyway, on
my cell phone, in the grocery store aisle.

According to my new friend Daryl, at Nabisco customer service, Kraft Foods,
the parent of Nabisco, has a new policy on GF foods.  Instead of creating a
list of GF foods, they have decided to clarify their labels.  To paraphrase
Daryl, who was reading from his new information, due to the increase in
customers who are gluten-sensitive, all grains will be identified on the
label (he specifically mentioned wheat, rye, oats and barley), and any
ingredients that may have these grains as components will say "(contains
GLUTEN)."

I must say I was duly impressed.  A company that large listening to us,
especially given the number of products they produce, and the relatively
small number we can eat.

So, kudos to us, for getting our voices heard, and enjoy your Easy Cheese, on
GF crackers!

Wendy
Kansas City