From:
Beth Athey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Athey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 14:18:36 -0400

I thought I had seen a recent summary on dining options in Nashville, but it
did not come up in my search.  Lo, and behold, though, there were a couple
of recent summaries!  Weird that they didn't show up.  Anyway, here, again,
is another summary on dining in Nashville:

1. Pancake Pantry- on 21st Ave near Vanderbilt campus.  Supposed to have GF
pancakes, have not tried yet.  VERY popular and busy.  There is usually a
line out the door on the weekends.  http://www.thepancakepantry.com/ 2.
Fiddle Cakes- within 10-15 minutes of Vandy- I have had muffins and lemon
bars here.  They have sandwiches as well.  I am not sure if they were
affected by the flooding we had hear- I think this area was spared but you
might want to email.  http://www.fiddlecakes.com/ 3. Tayst on 21st ave- I
have not been here, but have heard good things about them
http://www.taystrestaurant.com/index.htm

You can download the .PDF file from:

http://www.eatrightnashville.org/pdfs/GrainWise_Summer_07.pdf

On page 6 there are some gluten-free Nashville restaurants mentioned and
also some to avoid.

It is part of a newsletter from the local Celiac Society.

You need to have the free Adobe reader for .pdf files on your PC to read
this format or a similar program.

This is usually installed as the basic set-up on a PC.

The file is about 4 Mb in size.

There are lots of Nashville people on this list, so you will probably get
some of the same suggestions from them!  Sole Mio and Cantina Laredo are
near downtown.  If you are venturing in south, you will find Matteo's pizza
in Cool Springs (just south of Nashville on I-65).  There is also a
breakfast/lunch place called Fiddlecakes, as well as The Pancake Pantry, a
very popular Nashville spot near the Vanderbilt campus.  If you google any
of these, you can get the specific address information and some have GF
menus posted too.

I work at an Italian Restaurant in Nashville that has gf pasta on the menu.

All the sauces (tomato, meat sauce, pesto, carbonara) are gf.  There is a
salad called Insalata Grande that is gf, and the balsamic and caesar
dressing are also gf.  no gf pizza yet!  The name of the restaurant is
PortaVia, and it is located at 21 White Bridge Road, Nashville 37205.

?There is also a small place called Pizza Perfect on Granny White Pike that
has gf pizza that I hear is good - i haven't had it.  Bricktops on West End
Avenue has a tuna burger with no filler.

Chainwise, we do have the usual suspects, pf changs, outback, bonefish.

maggianos italian has gf pasta too, but i haven't been there in a while so i
can't attest to how good it is.