Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:47:27 -0500

/s Hey, I'm leaving for Ft. Myers Beach this Saturday 1/5/08.  I could use this
info too.  If I don't find out before I leave, I'll be looking for restaurants and
GF food stores in the area myself.  I'll let you know what I found when I return
after January 12.   Also see archived message 067590 or search the archive
for Sanibel.

I am a newbie to this site.  I just had an EGD to rule out Celiac but the GI doc
only took biopsies of my esophagus and stomach.  He did not read my chart
and because I mentioned that my GERD, which I've had for years, had been
very bad lately.  He just assumed the scope was to see the status of that!  I
went in today for the blood antibody tests, but I understand they are often
inconclusive.

No matter what the results I plan to try going GF to see if that resolves the
many issues I have with my GI system as well as lesions on my brain that are
unexplained, lymphocytic colitis, neurological problems, constant fatigue, joint
pain, hypothyroidism, etc.   I am currently on disability because my work
performance was becoming very poor due to my being ill and unable to
concentrate or perform even simple and well known parts of my job as a web
designer.  Luckily the company where I worked for 30 yrs. put me on disability
and between Social Security and the company insurance I am still earning 2/3
of my salary.  I can continue on the payroll until I retire and will still receive
my pension, etc.   This has been very frustrating so I look forward to the
understanding and support of people on this listserver.   Happy New Year,
Sara V